Solar Attic Fans
Solar Attic Fans can help keep your house cool.
Radiant Barrier insulation will:
- Reduce heating and cooling cost
- Increase comfort levels
- Make your home or building more energy efficient
- Keep heat in during the winter
- Keep heat out during the summer
Here is how Radiant Barriers can help your home.
Energy Saving Tips
1. Keep A/C Filters and Coils Clean A dirty air filter reduces airflow, and a dirty condenser coil retains heat and is less efficient. The two can increase the system’s power consumption by 10 percent or more. Clean the condenser coil every two years and change filters monthly during peak cooling and heating seasons.
2. Put away the duct tape. You need a better seal. Between 25 and 40 percent of the hot and cold air entering ducts escapes through joints, seams and gaps–many covered with poorly applied tape. That’s hard-earned money disappearing. Cut your losses by sealing duct joints with mastic, a paint-on putty, and patch holes with aluminum tape. If supply ducts have insulation, peel it back to seal the collars. Pay particular attention to elbows, advises Iowa Energy’s McAnally. “That’s where pressure builds and the air wants out,” he says. And don’t neglect return ducts. Leaks in returns strain your HVAC system and can cause pressure differentials that result in hot summer air or cold winter air being sucked into the house.